Tips for submitting an application
To submit an application, you must use the online form on the website of the Senate Department for Culture and Europe. Tips and downloadable documents can be found on this page. The Office of the Capital Cultural Fund is happy to answer your questions regarding the formal application procedure.
Dates and deadlines
The deadlines for applying for funding for projects to take place the following calendar year are usually April 15 and October 1. Decisions on the selection of projects for funding are usually announced in July or December.
You cannot apply for funding for the current year.
The application should include concrete information regarding the type and scope of the project, when it is to be presented or performed, a financial plan, the applicant’s artistic curriculum vitae, and, where appropriate, documentation of the applicant’s previous work. A formal application cannot be submitted without confirmation from the proposed venue.
The project description should not exceed ten A4 pages. If possible, please limit your information regarding participating artists and previous projects to the most essential details. You should avoid submitting analog material. You can enter documentary material (Vimeo links, passwords, etc.) in the application form.
Please submit your application in German if possible.
To compile your financial plan, elaborate your project, and provide confirmation of the venue, please fill in the templates that are available for download below.
- If possible, your project should envisage at least four performances/events. The number of performances must be guaranteed by the venue/event location in the attached venue confirmation.
- Where possible, applicants, especially those in the areas of theater, dance, and music, should have been publicly funded at some point prior to submitting an application.
- Students are not eligible for funding. They may, however, be enrolled in university at the time of their application. Should these applicants receive funding, they must provide written proof of their status as a not enrolled.
- Applicants in the areas of theater, dance, and music must hold the rights to any relevant material and be able to provide proof of this.
The online application
The form will be made available approximately six weeks before the relevant deadline. As the server is usually overloaded in the run-up to the deadline, we recommend that you plan sufficient time for the application process and have all documents ready ahead of time.
Please note that the form closes automatically at 6 pm and ongoing uploads will be terminated!
- Detailed project description (max. 10 pages)
- Detailed financial plan (please use the mandatory template)
- A selection of previous projects (max. 2) and participation in other projects
- Artistic curriculum vitae
- Confirmation from the venue and proof of accessibility for persons with disabilities (please use the template).
- Project elaboration (please use the template)